So it is wedding season and once again I've been gripped by a fever that strikes every year around this time. I've already been to two great weddings within the past month and have left each one thinking the same thing - "I can't wait to get married!".
I just wanted to share this beautiful Asian bridal lengha that I found whilst trawling the web.
Screencap taken from Charmi Creations where more gorgeous dresses like this one can be found.
I'm not even engaged but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about my perfect dress....
My previous attempt at nude-ish nails have been full of fail (see here). However I really like Dulce de Leche because it doesn't makes my hands look zombiefied. This is down to the really subtle shimmer and an almost mauve undertone in certain lights.
Didn't have any problems with the application, though I wish the brush was thicker to make life easier. No chips so far but then again I am using the great Barry M topcoat/hardener.
I was in Westfield the other day waiting for my sister to finish work and I found myself gravitating towards Inglot - it's so sleek, colourful and inviting. I've seen many other bloggers rave about Inglot and I was keen to have a look for myself. I went straight towards the blushes and started swatching away to my heart's content and to the annoyance of one of the SA's who seemed irritated that I didn't need his help :\
I ended up buying these two blushes - one powder in shade #30 and one liquid/cream in #86.
Now the title of this post is in reference to the fact that my reasoning for buying the powder blush was "Wow I love this colour and I know I don't have anything else like it". Then I came home and realised this could almost be a dupe for the Coral blush by Sleek I already own. I do this all the time with nail polishes and end up buying around 5 in the same colour pink. I think it's a disease!
They look REALLY similar to me but perhaps the Inglot blush is more pink? Sometimes I can't tell the difference. However I suppose all is not lost as I find the Inglot blush easier to work with and lasts a lot longer than my Sleek one.
And onto the disappointment that is the liquid blush........
I love the colour but the formulation has really let me down - it took 4 pumps to get this colour and I had to wait for each layer to dry before applying the next.
As you can see it's a bit watery, so the colour doesn't show up when I apply it to my cheeks and it doesn't *set*. Considering I paid £10 for this I am really annoyed and expected much better. I am going to see if I can thicken it by leaving it in the sun because shaking it 100x doesn't seem to make any difference!
1. Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover - I wasn't enamoured with this when I first bought it, but now I shall never buy anything else. It removes my waterproof eye makeup with ease and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy.
2. Aussie Dual Personality Heat Protection and Leave in Spray - Although only a recent purchase, I'm really impressed with it so far. I can't usually tell if a heat protection spray is working or not but with this product I can. My hair feels protected from the intense heat of my GHDs and much smoother and silkier. Must be the Australian Jojoba seed oil doing it's job! Smells really good too.
3. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash - Neutrogena never fails to disappoint when it comes to skincare and this is no exception. I have been using this everyday and I love it. My skin feels really clean and soft - not tight and dry like other facial washes. The grapefruit scent is also great for waking me up in the morning.
4. Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Day Cream - This moisturiser is amazing for summer. It's so light and refreshing, sinks in easily and keeps my skin feeling hydrated. I cannot reccommend this enough.
5. Naked Coco de Mer Body Butter - Not only is this a monthly favourite, I think it's my favourite body moisturiser of all time! 97% natural and free from sulphates, parabens and petrochemicals, this body butter is amazing. It's thick and almost gel like and is very moisturising without being too rich (other body butters I've used have been too heavy and greasy). With ingredients such as coconut extract, shea butter and passion flower oil, it's a guarantee that it's going to smell good and it does. Ahh I could wax lyrical about this product all day but I'm going to move on!
6&7. Rimmel Lycra Pro in Pop Rose and Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Ice Cream - The perfect shades for summer. In fact it doesn't feel like summer unless my toe nails are bright pink. Pop Rose lasts for ages without chipping (must be the Lycra) and never dulls in colour. I hunted high and low all over London for Berry Ice Cream and it was worth the wait. It's so pretty and feminine and I will definitely be wearing this all summer long.
8&9. Nars Orgasm and Revlon A Floral Affair, Pinking of You - These two blushers have been long neglected but ever since the sunshine has come out, I've found myself using these two more and more. I love the combo of the soft pink and Orgasm's peachy shimmer. Really flattering and goes with all looks.