; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Body Oils - Yay or Nay?

Body Oils - Yay or Nay?



Weleda have released this LE set of body oils in celebration of their 90th birthday and they sound like they would smell amazing. The gift set (£9.95) contains 10ml each of the precious Wild Rose Body Oil, Relaxing Lavender Body Oil, intensively nourishing Sea Buckthorn Body Oil, the refreshing Citrus Body Oil and the anti-ageing Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil.

I've never really used body oils before and it made me think about the body creams I use and how effective they really are. I don't have particularly dry skin but no matter how moisturising creams/lotions claim to be, they don't live up to my expectations. Perhaps it's just the ones I have used? At the moment I am using the Body Shop's Brazil Nut body butter and I love the smell and the way my skin feels after the initial application, but after a while I have to reapply as it seems to sit on the surface of my skin and rub off easily.

I'm already a convert of using oil in my hair so why not on my body too? The best way to apply is onto damp skin straight after a shower so it can be absorbed quicker. My only apprehension is that oils sound a bit messy to use and I wouldn't like anything too heavy or greasy. I guess you wouldn't even need to go out and purchase branded body oils as some people use plain old olive oil (the daddy of all oils) but I would prefer something lighter and nicely scented.

What do you think about body oils? Would you use them? And if you already do, which ones do you like? I'd love to know what you think.

p.s. Sorry it's taken so long but the winner of my Trilogy Giveaway is Hannah! x

5 comments:

  1. I recently became addicted to johnson's baby oil, but the aloe vera scented one (don't want to smell like baby powder, can't stand that!) and I absolutely love it. It's not nearly as messy as you'd think, I actually put it on still in the shower, and then just sort of pat myself dry with a towel. Try it, you'll really love it I think. And thanks for your comment on my blog the other day, I had no idea airlines were doing that with cookies! I'm searching on kayak, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case with them, but it definitely is good to know for the future!

    http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would really love to use them, but even though i have really dry skin it doesnt react well to body oils :-(
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nomadic D - I like the sound of the Johnsons one, nice and cheap. I'll definitely check this out, thank you x

    @Nana - Oh really? That's a shame, what do you use instead? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the Weleda pomegranate one on my legs recently as I got it as part of a free gift with a magazine subscription. I quite like it but I do find it quite 'heavy' and would only use it at night. I don't think it's something I'd repurchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always moisturisae my face, but I agree, I've never actually found a body creme or moisturiser that really seems to work and give me the lovely soft skin they promise! I don't know, maybe I'm expecting too much from a product, or maybe it's time to give oils a try?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx