; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: My makeup and I

My makeup and I

My earliest makeup memory is aged 10? Sneakily rifling through my auntie's makeup bag with my cousin and using her mascara and lipstick before scrubbing our faces vigorously, trying to get rid of the evidence. We still got told off, perhaps it was because we thought we could remove mascara with water?

I only started wearing makeup when I was about 15 years old, and even then it was just clear mascara. I went to an all girls secondary school and there were no boys to impress so there didn't seem to be a point really. I didn't really experiment at home either because my mum only wears red lipstick. Once I got into college I began to wear makeup more regularly. I couldn't be without my black eyeliner and mascara! On special days I would mix it up with bright blue eyelinerr and maybe some blush...

To be honest, this routine hasn't really changed until recently. I stumbled across some tutorial videos on youtube and realised that there was so much more I could do, so I have come to terms that I am a complete beginner when it comes to makeup. I have a drawer full of products but I don't know how to utilise them properly, nor do I know what colours go together or which suit my skintone and I'm hoping that this blog will document my discovery.

These are what I currently use:





Ever since I was given a gift of Estee Lauder's More than Mascara I've been hooked on high end mascaras. I love Estee Lauder and Lancome, and I'm currently using Lancome Hypnose which is brilliant. It's got a rich formula, doesn't flake/clump and gives lots of volume. Previous to that, I had Lancome's Virtuose and that was equally as good. I've never been convinced by high street mascaras until I tried out Max Factor's Masterpiece mascara to see what all the fuss was about and I really liked it. I'm also using their latest mascara, False Lash Effect, which has a bigger brush but I think I prefer Masterpiece better.



MAC technakohl eyeliner in graphblack. This is my favourite eyeliner EVER and the one I carry with me everywhere. It's so pigmented and creamy, and it doesn't smudge as much as others I have tried. Im upset at the moment as I have run out and I can't afford to buy a new one at £13 :(



Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils are my choice for highly pigmented coloured eyeliners, AND they're waterproof. I have the two colours on the right. Zero, which is a really dark black, and Lust, a deep purple colour. I have spent a lot of money on lots of different brands trying to find deep and rich colours, so I think they are worth their £10 price tag.



This is one of the first blushers I ever bought, and I still have it! It's by Bourjois and the shade is Cendre de rose brune. The packaging is so cute - it has a little mirror and a dinky brush inside. I bought it after seeing it was voted a cult product in a magazine. It's a nice colour but it doesn't last long.



This was my first ever MAC purchase - a blushcreme in the shade Posey. I love this and wear it all the time.



The latest addition to my makeup routine! Benefit's erase paste is a light reflecting concealer and it covers my dark circles and gives me a nice glow.

So these are my staples. Hopefully there shall be many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx