; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: AIU London 'Sustain' Fashion Show

AIU London 'Sustain' Fashion Show


Yesterday evening, industry guests attended the exclusive American InterContinental University (AIU) London 'Sustain' Fashion show at the beautiful One Mayfair venue. Based on the theme of Sustainability, all designs were created using recycled materials or re-using existing fabrics - with the designers as promoters of social change. The evening also included a drinks reception, a live band and live auctions of jewellery. The theme of Sustainability was apparent through-out the construct of the show, including the venue - a church that is being saved from disrepair.

This was a theme which appealed to me because during my art foundation, one of our projects included making a garment from recycled charity shop clothing. However, I left before I got a chance to complete it so I was interested in seeing the designs of the young fashion students.

I didn't manage to get many photos from the catwalk but these two dresses were my favourites out of the whole show:


I was lucky to be invited backstage nefore the show to see the models getting their hair and makeup done by Electric Hair, The Session School and Addicted Cosmetics.






I especially enjoyed watching how the hairstyles were created.


This model had her short bob totally transformed with just crimpers and gel.



It wasn't manic or as stressed as I thought it would be, everyone was really chilled. It was great to see what goes on behind the scenes and how professionals work and I had an amazing time!

The unwatermarked photos belong to edencancan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx